- The 28th Street gates will be open until repairs can be made to the hinges, it may take several days because of the holiday weekend.
- Backflow Testing:
Many homeowners have sprinkler systems and have received a letter from Washington Water Co., requiring a certificate that you have had the backflow testing done . There are many companies that do that testing at various prices, however, Roger Lienesch contacted Peninsula Light and they are willing to do it for $45.00 each test if we can provide 20 homes or more. If you are interested in having Pen Light do the testing, please fill out the attachment and send it to them. They will schedule your inspection, if you wish to use Peninsula Light & Water. There are other certified inspectors you can use if you wish, this is only an option, I have also attached a list of the other certified inspectors. Backflow Testing Contract List-of-backflow-testing-2014
- Annual Garage Sale Information:
BRIDGEWOOD ESTATES ANNUAL GARAGE SALE
SATURDAY, JUNE 24, 2017 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
All gates will be open between those hours. Notices will be placed in both The Gateway and The News Tribune newspapers.
- The Bridgewood HOA Spring Letter is now available online
- The Bridgewood HOA 2017 Annual Meeting will be held on TBD.
Annual Agenda and Notice 2016 2016 Annual Flyer
- Due to low attendance/proxy submission in 2016, we did not have the required quorum to hold a business meeting. It was informational only.
- Please come to the meeting this year so we can accomplish the business of the community.
- Topics for this year include: community trees (along the street and sidewalks); intro to the budget meeting; Reserve Fund replenishment; new fencing; new asphalt
- Work will soon begin on 750 feet of our perimeter fence; estimated start date is still pending - for 2017, the section along 38th Street will be addressed; the section along Jahn Avenue was addressed in 2016
- The Bridgewood HOA Annual Budget Meeting was held on 08 December at the Harbor Covenent Church. The proposed budget was sent out via mailing to all homes prior to the meeting, but attendance was inadequate to do anything more than to have an informational meeting. The proposed budget will go into effect on 01 January 2017.
- There was no dues increase for 2017
- Limited fence repairs will occur during 2017 (as noted above), but this will wipe out most of the capital in the Reserve Fund (which is for capital projects and major repairs)
- Items for the 2016 Annual Meeting: 2015 Budget YE BW 2014 and 2015 Minutes and notes
- Dog Issues - FYI
- The board receives about 1 dog complaint a year – whether it be barking, biting or chasing. Unless HOA Solutions (our management company) has a specific log with dates, times and duration of barking, it is difficult to follow up and enforce. There are no specific rules against dogs barking. A continuously barking dog would likely fall under the “nuisance” category but is open to interpretation.
- The board has found it more effective when the homeowner who is not happy with the barking dog calls animal welfare to complain. The dept. will come out to educate the owner.
- The last time Animal Welfare visited Bridgewood (last year), they educated the owner for more than an hour. Based on the education, the dog stopped barking. The fear of losing the dog strongly encourages the homeowner to pay more attention, because that could be the potential outcome if Animal Welfare shows up more than once.
- Animal welfare will also ask you keep a log of the barking before they will investigate
The Bridgewood Estates Homeowners
Association was established to preserve the beauty,
integrity, and safety of the community for the mutual
benefit of all homeowners.
Homeowner - Please update your information by
Architectural Change/Approval Form (Updated 05/2016)
Roofing Material Guidelines
ACH Direct Debit Authorization Form