Gig Harbor, Washington 98335

home | email  


Bridgewood Estates HOA Board Meeting
May 15, 2008
Dianne Matthes' Home

Attendees: Joe Faulkner, Gordon Benjamin, Bill Koontz, Sharon Reid, Darryl Roundy, Deborah Swigart and Dianne Matthes.

The meeting was called to order by Joe Faulkner at 7:10 p.m. The minutes from the March meeting were approved.

  • Bill gave a report regarding the finances: most of the 2008 annual dues have been paid, including all back dues from the recent sale of houses, there are still 7 properties outstanding; the $1939.13 that was paid to cover the clean-up and legal fees for the Andrea trash debacle was written off as a bad debt; at this time in 2007, we had $12,766 in expenses, year to date in 2008, there have been only $9,381.00 in expenses.

  • Annual Meeting Preparation:

    • No formal ballot will be needed for HOA Board Members this year; Gordon Benjamin, Bill Koontz, Darryl Roundy and Deborah Swigart have 1 year remaining; Joe Faulkner, Dianne Matthes and Sharon Reid have 2 years remaining since they were voted in for another term at the 2007 Annual Meeting.

    • Joe will explain the Special Assessment vote that was mailed out - there were a total of 69 replies, 61 yeses and 8 nos. The statements will go out within the next week, before the annual meeting with payment due 6/30. Compass will inform Apex Drain Company that they got the bid and see when they can start the work.

    • A Bridgewood Estates community garage sale will be held the weekend of 6/28 and 6/29. An ad will be placed in the Gateway.

  • Bill had examples of the For Sale Sign that will replace the individual ones currently displayed by our gates. A picture of the bridges will be used and Bill will make the signs, they will consist of one large sign containing holders with information on the various houses for sale within Bridgewood. Bill estimated the cost to be around $286.00.

  • Roofing materials were discussed, it was decided that the ACC will research various types of roofs that can be used when the existing roofs need replacing, the committee will come up with a few approved suggestions.

  • There is a strip along the drain field on 25th Street that could use some landscaping, the board members will view the area and make suggestions.

  • The gates are in need of power washing; Joe will contact Compass to see what they recommend and get some prices.

  • At the March meeting, several changes were discussed and agreed upon to be made to the Rules and Regulations, Dianne will make those changes to the master document, those replacement pages will then be emailed and/or mailed to the residents and posted on our Web-page.
    The meeting was adjourned at 8:45 p.m.

    Dianne Matthes, Secretary
    Bridgewood Homeowners Association