Gig Harbor, Washington 98335

home | email  

Bridgewood Estates HOA Board Meeting

June 1, 2007

Joe Faulkner’s Home

Attendees: Joe Faulkner, Bill Koontz, Gordon Benjamin, Darryl Roundy, Sharon Reid and Dianne Matthes.

The meeting was called to order by Joe Faulkner at 7:05 p.m.

New Business:

The first order of business was the appointment of officers for the HOA Board:

President – Joe Faulkner (Div. III; Lot 13)
Vice President – Gordon Benjamin (Div. III; Lot 29)
Treasurer – Bill Koontz (Div. I; Lot 22)
Secretary – Dianne Matthes (Div. II; Lot 9)
Members-at-Large – Rick Jones (Div. I; Lot 30), Sharon Reid (Div. II; Lot 29) and Darryl Roundy (Div. III; Lot 5)

Rick Jones and Sharon Reid will serve as the Architectural Control Committee (ACC) and Darryl Roundy will serve as the Webmaster.

A motion was made to accept the appointments; it was seconded and passed.

Bill Koontz brought up some discrepancies with the financial report that Compass presented at the annual meeting on May 22, 2007; the total amount delinquent (past dues and capital suit) is $5,198.00.

A discussion was held regarding the ballot for the special assessment at the annual meeting. Even though the vote was running in favor of the assessment, there were not enough people present to make a quorum. The board voted to table the special assessment until a later date and in the meantime, look into doing what can be covered financially with this year’s budget.

Neighbors Steve and Carol Cain are hosting a meeting with Terry Lee, Pierce County Council Member on Tuesday, June 5th at their house; Mr. Lee will answers questions pertaining to our area, mainly the Tacoma Narrows Airport’s future and the common areas within our subdivision, who governs those areas. Someone from the board will attend this meeting.

The board agreed that it would be beneficial to continue with Newsletters to be sent to the homeowners to keep them up to date with on-going and new issues and concerns occurring in the subdivision. We will start out doing 2 issues a year, summer and winter. The topics covered in the first issue will be:

Message from the President;
Board News;
Upcoming Events;
Scheduled Improvements;
Summer Landscaping;
General Property Appearance;
Mail Theft Alert.
Street Lamps: Joe will contact Compass to go ahead with the repairing and updating of the street lamps in Division I.

Garage Sale: The board voted several months ago to allow 2 garage/yard sales a year; the first one will take place on Saturday, June 23rd from 8-4. A notice will be sent to the Gateway and flyers will be posted around the neighborhood and the gates will be open that day; Dianne will send an email out to inform the homeowners.

No Solicitation Signs: A request was made at the annual meeting that we post No Solicitation Signs at the gates; Joe will explore the costs of those signs and arrange to have some made.

Old Business:

Andrea Lawsuit: The hearing is set for July 17, 2007; expenses that they are responsible for are $1710.73 plus homeowner dues and legal fees to date.

The meeting was adjourned at 9:10 p.m.

Dianne Matthes, Secretary
Bridgewood Homeowners Association